Every six months, FERN produces an update looking at the present situation with regards the EU's Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Action Plan, with a specific focus on VPAs.
Ministers will gather in mid June 2011 in Oslo to take a decision about whether to enter into negotiations on a legally binding agreement (LBA) for forests in Europe.
- NGOs re-frame the sustainable biomass debate
- Road to ruin: Russian project destroying ancient forest
- Offset credit use rises by two-thirds
- Nuclear Energy: ECAs place a dangerous bet?
- DRC in a FIP-ing hurry
- A band-aid for the EU ETS?
- An update on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Voluntary Partnership Agreements
- Binding Forest Agreement: Déjà Vu
- EAP: Seven times a charm?
- www.loggingoff.info relaunched and bilingual
- BITs: The Commission passes the baton?